Friday, November 22, 2013

Sari Bhool Humari Thi - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly


While on air, this was my most awaited show each week.  Wednesday and Thursday quickly became my favorite day of the week, just because I'd get to catch "Areesha" (Aiza) and "Abrar" (Affan) together.  The ride wasn't horribly long - 24 episodes in total, adding up to 12 weeks.  That's considerably shorter than most shows, since it aired twice a week as opposed to the once-a-week slot.  Did I love the show overall?  Did it deliver?

Well, here's the thing:  Aiza Khan played the lead.  Danish Taimoor played the villain.  Affan Waheed played the hero.  Watching this show, I was not satisfied with the way screen time was dished out.  One would assume Danish Taimoor was the sole hero with the amount of screen time he received.  If anything, when "Subhan" (Danish) turned bewaffa and got married, I was overjoyed that I would finally get to see Affan & Aiza's relationship blossom.  No.  No sir.  Instead, we saw a grieving Areesha.  We saw Mariam's antics of running away and a failed attempt.  We saw Subhan's father pass away.  We saw Taayi Ami mend her ways.  We saw Nauman become the ideal son.  We saw A LOT.  YET.....we still saw very little of ABRAR.

Abrar sent his rishta - when on earth did Abrar realize he was in love with Areesha?  Areesha and Abrar were never given the proper amount of screen time together for the audience to actually fall in love with this pairing.  I was always left wishing for something more.  So as a viewer, I feel as though I was robbed of the very thing I was watching the show for.

HOWEVER, I did like the show overall.  The characters were well developed and there weren't any dull, uninteresting moments.

On to the last episode:  Once again, Danish Taimoor was in the limelight unnecessarily.  We saw Areesha thwark his attempts to reconcile, we saw Subhan's wife overhear the conversation and rip into Subhan - we also saw Subhan disowned by Nauman.  For a villain, this character received more than his share of screen time.  Unnecessary footage.

We also witnessed Abrar & Areesha finally get together - in a mildly unsatisfying way with Areesha saying that she just wanted "a nice guy" (how about incredibly sweet, romantic, loving, devoted....wake up, girl!  This guy is perfect!) - and get married.  The marriage scene was cute and did leave me with an overall happy feeling.  I just wish things had been carried out differently.  ALSO, it would've been cute to see how Abrar's super-innocent mother and Areesha got along.

Overall:  I enjoyed the show thoroughly and am sad to see the show end.  It had a lot of potential and could've been carried out a little longer to focus on the Abrar-Areesha story.  I'm now looking forward to another out and out romantic drama with Affan & Aiza in the lead roles!  =)

2 comments:

  1. What was the name of the actor who played nauman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who the hell r u to talk like that about danishđŸ˜ mind ur own business n no scene is unnecessary there so....STFU

    ReplyDelete