Saturday, November 9, 2013

Asey Jalay Jiya - A Heavy Beginning


I'm not a fan of Sonya Hussain.  Those of you who follow me on Tumblr, as well as here, might have seen that I dropped Mere Humrahi because of Sonya.  I also was driven mad watching Mere Harjai, again, because of Sonya.  Clearly from this picture, you can see that.....dum dum dum.....Sonya Hussain is in this drama.  SO - What prompted me to start this drama in particular?  Well, of course the #1 thing that attracted me to this show was that first line under the title:  "Directed by Angeline Malik."  That's ALL I needed to see.  Angeline Malik is associated with quality, at least for me.  So of course, I was overjoyed that she was directing a new drama.  Second.....just look at the picture.  You look like you're going to be treated to a sweet, nice love story.  OK, maybe a little drama, considering the title, but overall, something nice.

Boy.....was I wrong.  About the latter, not the former!  The drama is off to a great start quality-wise AND acting wise.  So far, Sonya has done a good job of not irritating me.  Also, the supporting cast is great so far, including Behroze Sabzwari, Samina Ahmed, Imran Aslam, etc.  However, for a first episode, it was HEAVY.  Towards the end, I found myself bursting into tears at the atrocities displayed, crying for Imran Aslam's wife (can't remember the actress or the character's name).  Despite that, it will be interesting to see whether the rest of the episodes have as much shock value as the first and whether the quality of the show will be able to match up to that of the first episode.  It will also be interesting to see how Sonya enters into Imran Aslam's life when they're clearly from different worlds.

So far, so good.  Happy watching!

1 comment: