Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Ek Kasak Reh Gayi - Episode 17



I had initially abandoned this drama after the first 5 episodes.  Something about it felt so "been there, done that."  However, once I saw the ads for an episode with Paras and Sheharyar getting married, my curiosity got the better of me and I had to pick it up again.  So now I'm watching this overall dissatisfying show again, because I am incapable of making a decision and sticking to it (the decision of abandoning this)!

I have to say that the highlight of this show is the Sheharyar-Paras relationship.  Their quirks, their anger, their affection - it's all very realistic in the sense that they feel bound to each other, despite the problems in their lives.  I like that.  The character of Sheharyar is well-written.  I liked his anger towards Bia when he realized she lied to Paras about his health.  I liked his apology to Paras and his guilt for trapping her in the situation.  Even now, Sheharyar has all this nonsense going on, but never has his mind gone to "I need to leave Paras and get back with Rabia."  This is a refreshing change from the douchey male characters we're generally subjected to in Pakistani dramas.  I like the writing for Mekaal's character so far.

Now the negative.  I can't stand Rabia.  When the show first started, I felt all sorts of sympathy for this girl.  Her father was terrible, she loved Sheharyar so unconditionally and she was torn between the two men in her life.  However, after her re-appearance, I have no sympathy left.  Why is she so needy that Sheharyar says he needs to go to work and she's telling him he needs to stay with her?  WHY?  What kind of normal girl is this?  Also, she needs to understand that she was the reason Sheharyar had that push to get married, so she can't try to re-enter his life now.  It's infuriating.

Also, it's hard to take someone seriously when they dress like this:



BUT not as infuriating as Rabia's FATHER constantly calling Sheharyar to come over and help him with Rabia.  He told Rabia to leave Sheharyar on his own, so he should be able to handle her on his own too!  It's a shame that this old man doesn't understand how inappropriate his requests are.  Selfish to the core.  Likewise, I think it's time Bia stood up and slapped Rabia across the face rather than listening to her nonsense and humoring her.  How long can a person play these games?

Anyways, so far, I'm  holding on for the Sheharyar-Paras relationship.  I like how understanding Paras has been after finding out about Sheharyar-Rabia.  But I hope that Sheharyar doesn't do anything stupid to mess all of this up.  After all, we're only on episode 17 - we still have at least 4 episodes to go where Sheharyar OR Rabia OR her father OR Bia OR Paras can RUIN everything.  =P

Happy watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment