Monday, November 4, 2013

Aunn Zara - The Last Episode



These days, it's rare that a drama ends and the viewer screams "WHAT?!  The last episode?!  ALREADY?!  This needs to be longer!"  Extremely rare.  However, with Aunn Zara's last episode (episode 19), I was shocked when I realized it was, in fact, the last episode.

The credit for this goes to the writing and the direction.  Faiza Iftikhar and Haissam Hussain both deserve to be applauded for their work on "Aunn Zara" as writer and director respectively.  The pace did not falter at all.  There were a few episodes in between that gave off the impression that nothing really happened, but these episodes thoroughly developed the characters, their thoughts, their pain, their emotions.  This was the greatest strength of Aunn Zara.  Hussaim Hussain did his best to keep the flow of the show smooth and continuous without any lagging periods.

In theory, Aunn Zara was a comedy.  But if you look beyond the "face value" aspect, Aunn Zara was so much more.  Every character, from Daadi, Phupi, Ami, Aunn, Zara, Jamshed, Dada Ji......neither character was perfect and ALL, despite their outward disposition, carried their own share of emotional scars and skeletons.  Again, brilliant writing at work here.



I loved everything about this show.  It's hard for me to write a sensible, coherant review, because my feelings towards this drama were the complete opposite.  I wanted to tear my hair out every time Aunn pulled a stunt.  I wanted to slap Zara every time she neglected Aunn.  I wanted to punch Jamshed and Phupi for rejecting their rishta the first time.  I wanted to slap some sense into Daadi and Ami for not recognizing that Aunn was headed on the wrong path.  But despite all of this, I grew to completely love all of these characters.  They were over the top and wacky, but realistically so!

Overall, the episode wrapped up beautifully without any loose ends and leaving me wishing for more.  I can only hope and pray for a sequel.

If you've missed out on this drama, I am envious of you, because now you will be able to enjoy it from episode 1 - 19 without any interruptions!

Aunn Zara.....I will miss you.  :(

Happy watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment