Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Drama Update: November 2013 Edition


Dramas I'm Currently Watching:  November 2013 Edition

Obviously when I'm watching this many dramas, I'm enjoying some more than others.  Haha.  So for your convenience, I've ordered the images (and the list) in order from my personal favorites to my least favorites.  And, as you can see, the 2nd to last image includes two FORTHCOMING dramas, which I'm really looking forward to.  And the LAST image includes REJECTED dramas - dramas that I was watching at one point, but have since completely discarded due to SEVERE lack of interest.  Haha.  Here we go!

Shakk (or Shuk or Shukk) - Regardless of how this drama is spelled, this is currently the best drama on air.  Only four episodes in, but it has kept me wanting more each week.  The acting is PERFECT, not only by the 3 main leads (Sanam, Adeel & Ayesha), but also by Shamim Hilali and all the other supporting actors.  I'm really interested in seeing where this story takes us!

Saari Bhool Humari Thi - While I'm not getting the Affan-Aiza love story I've been longing for (in the way that I want it, I mean), I can't complain.  The development of the relationships and the way other relationships have changed is so natural that I'm really loving every minute of this show.  It's now on episode 23, so I'm dreading the nearing end.

Kankar  - Does this show even need an explanation?  This is the show that has been talked about for the last few months non-stop.  But honestly, I'm unsure as to where this storyline is headed.  Will Kiran get her happy ending?  Or is this show's purpose to display the importance a family plays in a successful marriage?  Will Kiran, once again, be the victim of an unhappy marriage?  These questions are agonizing as a viewer, but it's keeping me hooked!

Halki Si Khalish - If nothing else, this show has been consistent.  There have not been any ups and downs, moments of interest, moments of boredom.  It has been, overall, an enjoyable watching experience.  It's nice to see that Khurram is showing signs of change and that Rabia has some hope towards a happy marriage.  On the other hand, this week, I thought Rania would finally change and learn to love and appreciate Aamir....but by the end of the episode, she was back to her old tricks.  We'll have to wait and watch to see where this story goes!

Mujhe Khuda Pe Yakeen Hai - Honestly, I don't know how much longer this story can be dragged out.  We get it.  Narmeen accused Arham of something he didn't do.  He's be-kasoor.  Now Arham is married to his ideal life partner, while Shayk is stuck with horrible Narmeen.  What to do?  Um.  Get Shayk divorced and throw that psycho Narmeen out!  The acting from all 4 main leads is commendable.  But the story feels like it's stuck in a repetitive rut.  I'm still interested, but the question is....for how much longer?

Meri Beti - This is another show where I'm left wondering how long it will remain interesting and how long it can go on?  Sabreen's character is now married with two children with her husband.  Little Iraj (who was SO ADORABLE) has now grown up into a pre-teen and is happily living with Amma, not giving much importance to her "Aapi," who clearly forgets her birthday often, now that she has two more children to worry about.  The storyline is interesting and it'll be something to watch when the truth comes out.  Waiting to see!

Meri Zindagi Hai Tu - This show has dropped down to this spot, because I am really not loving the Maya Ali angle.  When a little girl knows that her "Nazo" has been engaged to Aman all her life, how can she suddenly develop a crush on him?  It's actually quite nauseating.  And sadly, I can see that it's possible that Nazo will give up her right over Aman to make Meeno happy.  I'm not looking forward to watching this.  That said, the Ahsan-Aiza chemistry is adorable.

Kabhi Kabhi - Soni is a terrible character and so is Araiz's mother (Bushra Ansari).  At times, I feel like "Amma" is warming up to Eeshal...but as soon as I can absorb that thought, Soni jumps back into motion, brainwashing Amma against Eeshal.  It's sickening.  And meanwhile, Araiz just sits back and lets his crazy family get away with it all.  One has to admire the character of Eeshal and how nicely Mehwish has played her role.  She's very lovable.  This drama also really shows what a great pair Ahsan & Mehwish make.  Special mention to Aly Khan for doing a great job as Rehbar.
Aasmanon Pe Likha – Qudsia’s family is annoying.  Aaliyan’s family is annoying.  Qudsia tends to get annoying.  Aaliyan is generally annoying.  Natasha has annoying qualities.  I’m left wondering, after each episode, if there’s anyone on this show who ISN’T annoying?  The only mildly normal character on this show is “Daadi.”  Regardless, I’m interested in seeing how Qudsia & Aaliyan’s attitude towards each other will change.  THAT is what’s keeping me holding on.

Darmiyan – I feel like nothing is happening….but something is happening.  I feel like I watch the same episode every single week for the last 2-3 episodes.  I don’t understand why Nida is jealous of Raheel & “Aleena” so randomly.  Nothing has really happened!  But I’m holding on – this cast is just too good to stop watching.  And I’m sure once the real drama starts, it will be great again.

Khoya Khoya Chand – Dear Hum TV, If I wanted to watch a Hum Aapke Hain Koun rewind, I would watch Hum Aapke Hain Koun.  However, at least Hum Aapke Hain Koun gave us some really sweet scenes between Bhaiyya and Bhabi before “offing” Bhabi.  Here, we were CONTINOUSLY jipped of love scenes between Araib and Angabeen.  I’m not even sure how those two managed to conceive a child!  =/  When Angabeen and Araib FINALLY seem to be working towards having a happy life….OOPS.  There she goes!  Now we’re having to bear witness to Ahmereen being possessive of Araib and Angabeen’s child.  Good grief!  The child’s father is alive!  Give that child back to him!  And why on EARTH are Angabeen’s family members acting as if “Titli” is their property?  She belongs with Araib and his family!  This drama has infuriated me.  I’m not actually sure why I’m still watching……

Qarz – Saqib Bhai and Bhabi are out of commission.  Bhabi needs to keep Saqib on life support so he can come out of his coma.  Faisal Bhai wants to take him off life support, so Aiza comes to the rescue.  SUDDENLY, bhabi realizes her mistake, because Aiza is the only one who is supporting her.  The reaction was too quick.  That aside, the show is still interesting.  I hope Saqib comes out of his coma.  On the other hand, Aiza and Sufiyan’s love story is as dead as it was in the beginning.  When on earth is Aiza going to stop being a jerk?  =/  Anyways, still moving forward and I’m still watching, so I guess that’s saying something.

Ranjish Hi Sahi – After a tepid initial two episodes, episode 3 became mildly interesting with Maya Ali’s character and a potential love interest.  Faisal Rehman and Samiya Mumtaz are brilliant actors, but they are being given very feeble dialogues to work with.  Also, the storyline is not coming across as a strong one.  I’m not sure where this drama is headed, but I hope it picks up soon.  The cast is really great.

Aisey Jalay Jiya – Directed by Angeline Malik :  that was enough for me to pick up this show.  YES, despite Soniya Hussain’s involvement in the show, because we ALL know how  I feel about Soniya Hussain!  The first episode was very heavy.  I was screaming by the end.  Since then, I haven’t had the courage to watch the 2nd episode.   The first episode was great, but like I said, very heavy.  So go into this knowing that it’s a very serious drama.  Unfortunately, I went in looking at the above picture, thinking it’d be light-hearted.  WRONG.

Ek Kasak Reh Gayi – I wrote an episode review about this on my blog yesterday, but I’ll write a short snippet here.  I dropped this drama.  I’m not sure what possessed me to pick it up again, but I did.  Now I’m stuck.  Mekaal & Sanam have great chemistry as Paras & Sheharyar and that’s what’s keeping me going here.  Otherwise, this drama is nothing short of Ekta Kapoor nonsense. 

Numm – Ohhhh, ho ho ho ho ho.  WHERE do I start?  WHY am I watching this?!  I don’t know!  Wait, yes I do!  Fawad Afzal Khan.  That’s it.  Otherwise, this drama is honestly the worst drama I’ve seen in a long time.  YES, this is worse than Ashk!  Oh my.  I don’t know how I get through each episode, but I have so far made it, somehow.

That’s about it.  I’m EAGERLY awaiting Mohabbat Subh Ka Sitara Hai and Pyaray Afzal, both pictured above.  Both dramas look great, one being written by Umera Ahmed and the other being directed by Nadeem Baig!  J

Also pictured are my rejected dramas:  Mere Humrahi, Kadoorat and Sannata.  These dramas had taken a turn for the unbearable and I am officially unable to even attempt to watch these shows.
That’s all for now! 


Happy watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment