Saturday, September 28, 2013

Shab-E-Arzoo Ka Aalam: Episode 23 (Last episode)
















“Destination ke aage ya to bohat roshni ya phir andhera.  Is se aage, taqdeer ki aakhri hadh.”

Every once in a while, a drama comes along that is so subtle that it can be seen as “slow.”  What we fail to realize is how powerful the performances are and how powerful of a message that drama is presenting us with.  That Is the case with “Shab-E-Arzoo Ka Aalam.”  This show left such a powerful impact on me without me even realizing it.  The characters weren’t falsely idealistic or overly “vamp”-like.  These characters were human with human emotions and desires. 

 Episode 23 was the perfect “wrap up” episode, putting together all those loose threads efficiently without giving the feeling of being rushed.  Some relationships are so deep that when you see that person, you forget all your problems – that was the relationship between Dawood and Kiran, so it was nice to see that connection when they reunited.  Mohib Mirza and Armeena Khan did a great job portraying their characters, because I really did fall in love with Dawood and Kiran.  The supporting cast was great as well.  To say that I’m going to miss Shab-E-Arzoo Ka Alam would be an understatement:  I feel like these characters slowly, week after week, became a part of me.


I’d recommend this drama whole-heartedly.  Subtle, yet beautiful. 

2 comments:

  1. I liked that the generally the whole series was subtle and beautiful. No over the top drama and typical 'serial-esque' moments. All the characters handled everything very maturely which was relate-able. Thought I must say as lovely as Kiran and Dawood way, series lack of acting skills for newcomer Armeena which just got more evident as her character became more complex. Apart from that I really enjoyed the whole show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Armeena was a poor choice for Kiran, because she really can't act. But I warmed up to her as the drama went on. I guess I just got used to her. =) She's coming in "Bin Roye Aansoo" with Hamayun Saeed and Mahira Khan now. It'll be interesting to see how she holds her own against these two!

    ReplyDelete