Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Wonky Wednesday - A Whole Lot of Icky


My Wednesday schedule is fairly light with only "Sari Bhool Humari Thi" and "Darmiyan" on my watch list.  I have to make it clear that these are two of my favorite shows currently on air and I wait all week for Wednesday to arrive (though not as much as Thursday!), so I can see these two episodes.  But this week was some kind of....it can only be described as icky.

Sari Bhool Humari Thi - Episode 13

Let the games begin.  The plot is finally getting murkier.  So now we realize that Subhan's family is not only "laalchi" (greedy), they also seem to possess a complete and utter lack of morals and decency.  Subhan overhears Nauman Bhai talking about his upcoming "marriage" to Areesha and confronts him - thus erupts this amazingly ridiculous fight where the initially "good boy" Subhan chides Nauman Bhai on his indecent behavior and lack of shame.  Of course, when the fight gets heavier, it ends with both brothers declaring their real intentions.  What is that?  Oh OF COURSE.  Areesha's MONIESSSSS.  But Subhan already emptied out Areesha's bank account!  Oh yaar, what's her mother's HOUSE for?  You know, it's not like she could ever need that in the future or anything.  How silly!  So of course Areesha and Subhan get into their usual fight, only this time, Subhan thinks Areesha has been leading Nauman Bhai on for him to think this way.  So what does our amazing Areesha do?  How else can she prove her love?  She already stole a necklace for Subhan.  The next blunder was just waiting for Subhan to ASK:  Well, if you haven't guessed it already, the PERFECT price for LOVE is signing over her mother's house in his name!  How romantic.  Unless you're Subhan and you're really just trying to find a way to stick it to Nauman Bhai.  This was really.....well.....icky.

The icing on top of the cake in today's episode was that there was only one scene with Abrar in it, which consisted of Areesha and Subhan arguing in front of him....I'm pretty sure the only line he uttered was "Kya hua?" before he was left bewildered, standing in his room alone again.  Fabulous.

On the other hand, I AM looking forward to tomorrow's episode, if only to see the incredible dhoka Subhan is going to throw at Areesha.




Darmiyan - Episode 8

So what did we learn in today's episode, class?  Well, we have Nida, who is the perfect wife, daughter-in-law, mother, friend, boss....you name it.  We love Nida.  What's not to love?  We also have Raheel, who is the best husband (albeit a little forgetful of anniversaries), best father, best son, a hard worker....you name it.  What a great guy!  We'll even cut him some slack for being a shakki fiance to Farishtay.  OK, it's still pretty bad, but he has clearly cleaned up his life nicely.  We have cute kids and Raheel's sweet mother thrown into the mix.  Who doesn't love a nice, loving family?  Who?  WHO?  I'll tell you who:  Aaliyah.

Yes, we have Aaliyah who absolutely does not love Nida, Raheel, the kids or Ammi Jaan.  Aaliyah wants revenge.  Revenge is sweet.  But in Aaliyah's case, revenge is also....yup....here comes that word again......icky.  REVENGE IS ICKY.  I wasn't really aware of what Aaliyah's intentions were until the last episode where a sinking feeling began to seep in.  With episode 8, that sinking feeling turned into skin crawling.  The fact that the family is oblivious to Aaliyah's weird stares towards Raheel, cute smirks when everyone else looks shocked and forced excuses to touch Raheel is actually mind-boggling and infuriating.

At this point, Raheel is furious....but at what point will he break and will this turn into an affair?  I'm not sure.  All I know is that he was engaged to Farishtay before and is the man Farishtay still loves, so he's Aaliyah's almost-brother-in-law.  EW.  EW, Aaliyah, stop this!  Obviously, she will not, so we will all have to continue watching in horror and, I won't even lie, complete interest.


That's all for today!  Happy watching!  =)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this update on Saari Bhool Humari Thi. I started the show but figured I can't stand it considering how dumb Areesha is and just how typically evil Subhan and his family are. Plus I love Danish too much to watch him in such a unlikeable role (I think Kitni Girhein Baki Hai - Be Reham was evil enough for me to watch). I saw a promo where Subhan has left the country and married someone else? I guess the story will gear towards Areesha marrying Abrar soon enough...

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, thanks for leaving comments! I was wondering if anyone was actually reading! =)

    I'm a HUGE Affan Waheed fan, so I've been waiting for the story to move away from Danish and more towards Affan since the show started. I love Danish as well, but I'd read some comments on the novel beforehand and was well aware that Abrar was the hero of the story, while Subhan was the villain. But yes, Areesha is unusually stupid, but I guess she's blinded by love. I can excuse her behavior in regards to Subhan, but I think my anger really ignited every time she listened to her horrible Taayi Ammi insult her mother and even now when Taayi Ami insults her Khala. Unbelievable.

    But I'm looking forward to seeing where the story will go once Subhan marries his rich girlfriend. Haha. Since you mentioned it, I've seen up to season 2 of Kitni Girhain and I'm currently catching up on this year's episodes. I love that show! =)

    ReplyDelete