Monday, October 7, 2013

Numm: Episode 6 & 7

Yes, I played a little something I like to call "fast-forward catch-up" on the episodes I was behind on.  It's rare for me to fall behind on current dramas, because I watch 2-3 a day in order to keep up.  However....."Numm" is a special case.

This drama is so redundant and so boring and so repetitive that I just can't help falling behind.  Because let's just be honest:  Who wants to put themselves through 30 minutes of this voluntarily?  

God help me, if I were not a loyal Fawad Khan fan since 2003, I would not continue putting myself through this.  But who am I kidding?  I watched that horrendous "Ashk" from beginning to end as well.  I'll have to endure this one as well.  Alright!  So let's begin!

Episode 6

50% of the episode saw Mehjabeen walking in misery, lying on her bed in misery, staring at herself in the mirror in misery.  And any scene that involved anyone other than Mehjabeen was simply not an important scene.  Heck, even Mehjabeen's scenes were not important scenes.  With the exception of hearing that beautiful OST, I don't think this episode contributed anything of value to the storyline.

So basically, in episode 6, we saw Mehjabeen doing a whole lot of this:



And Wali doing a lot of this:



And Neelum doing a lot of this:



You know.  The usual.

Episode 7 

The important updates:  Mehjabeen got sick.  Wali suddenly remembered to act like a human being and took care of her.  Neelum is back at school and apparently now willing to make her marriage work.

More important than the important updates:  This show is still as boring as dirt and as zany as ravers on ecstasy.  Neither one of those analogies were heading towards paying this show a compliment.  The craziness makes me feel as though I need to check myself into an institution and the slow pace, brooding dialogues and dark cinematography make me want to take a nap.  This is not a good combination.

Add Kanza Wayne's terrifying acting into the mix and I must look like a deranged maniac after viewing with the amount of frying she puts my brain through.  I don't understand who did the casting for the show....or why they thought this would be a good show at all.....

Anyways.  Clearly this drama is not high on my "recommended" list.  I'm not even sure why I'm watching this.  Oh wait.  Yes, I do.  Fawad.  I blame Fawad for this.  

1 comment:

  1. exactly. the drama is moving so slowly, its like nothing is happening.

    ReplyDelete