Sunday, October 20, 2013

Aasmanon Pe Likha


First off, I'm going to apologize for not writing regular reviews over the last few days.  Eid definitely threw me off - #1, because I was busy, but ALSO because I was under the impression that most shows were not being shown this week, namely because Kankar was not shown, therefore forgetting about Kabhi Kabhi, Meri Zindagi Hai Tu and Numm.  So I have NOT seen these shows yet, but we'll play catch up.  :)

Because I recently moved to a new city away from loved ones and was unable to visit, Eid was slightly uneventful this time around.  Therefore, I finally had a chance to catch up on Aasmanon Pe Likha.  The last time I watched this show (completed episode 2), I was unimpressed and left wondering why I was even watching this show.  I hated Qudsia's in-laws and really wanted to pull out my hair and slap Qudsia's parents for putting her (and themselves) through this horrible ordeal called her "shaadi."

Obviously since I'm now writing about it, my opinion has changed.  Episode 3, 4 and 5 made for a very interesting viewing experience.  YES, I will definitely say that the characters in this show are over-the-top.  There are some situations that make you LAUGH OUT LOUD due to the insanity, but also the reactions of the characters.

Sajal & Sheharyar Munawar are doing a really good job.  I'm glad the character of Qudsia isn't necessarily a doormat.  She's silent, because she's uncomfortable, but I like how she openly says what she needs to when talking to Aaliyan.  This is what makes the show different from others.

I have to mention that the actress who plays Natasha is God-AWFUL.  I really can't stand her and it makes the entire viewing experience a little aggravating, because you can't sympathize with her.  Also, Aaliyan's over-the-top parents, especially his crazy father, deserve special mention.....for being unlikable.

All of this aside, this show is really entertaining and I'm enjoying it!  I'd recommend it.  Happy watching!

1 comment: