Sunday, October 23, 2016

Thoughts on Some New Shows

OK, writing will definitely be a struggle with the loss of my blogger phone application, but we will just have to make the most of it (and by that, I just mean I'll have to open my laptop more often).

I am definitely planning to write a "Dramas I'm Currently Watching" post next, but until then, I just want to discuss a few new shows briefly.  I'm watching many more and have picked up a good number (including great ones like Sang e Mar Mar),but these are the shows currently floating around in my head..

Bin Roye


Unlike some of you, I did not get the opportunity to watch the film "Bin Roye," so the drama experience is a new one for me.  Yes, thanks to spoilers, I do know the story and how this will play out, but despite that, I am genuinely enjoying this ride.  According to a friend who has seen the movie, this show is much more in depth than the movie was and I'm glad.  I have fallen in love with this show from the first scene, as it has a cast of stellar performers, beautiful production values (I have never seen a drama on this scale!), a sweet story with depth and, most of all, I am loving that the songs have been retained!  It's a visual treat with a story that keeps you hooked.  So far, I am in love.

Sanam


I can only describe this show as a disappointment.  I expect better from Osmaan Khalid Butt.  Hareem has made errors before and Maya is a mess in my mind now after Mann Mayal, plus she does not have the best track record with her shows.  But I had yet to see an Osmaan show I didn't love.  That might very well change with this one.  Hareem's character is irritating, Osmaan's character lacks backbone, Maya's character is too meek (unnecessarily) and Emad's character is unbelievably manipulative).  The only character that I'm loving is Hina Biyat's, because she is playing the role of the lovable, cujte, muun-phat mother perfectly.  Otherwise, let's just wait and watch....this may get better, but it may just continue to get worse.

Dil Banjara


How an incredible actress like Sanam Saeed can act in such an OTT drama is actually boggling my mind.  How an actor like Adnan Malik, who has given such a beautiful performance in Sadqay Tumhare, can say silly things like "Main banjara hoon" with a straight face is beyond my comprehension.  How this show's dialogue writer wrote these lines like "Main udna chahti hoon" while not writing a comedy is hurting my ears.  I could not believe how terrible the first episode of this show was.  I am going to admit that I've had a busy week and have not seen the second episode as yet, but I'm not expecting great things. This is a let-down so far.  I'm hoping it improves and transforms into something worth watching.

Intezaar


A once beautiful show has taken the beaten path of a typical two wives storyline.  Why Shariq doesn't just tell off his Mamoon and evil Maami is actually incomprehensible.  Saba is a psychotic case, a girl who can't control or understand her emotions, a girl who tried to burn Sana's hand on the stove.....and a girl who I would never trust alone in a room with my child.  Despite all this, Shariq and his mother continue to make excuses for her and expect Zoya to just deal with the situation.  They were the ones who hounded her into marrying Shariq for his happiness and now Shariq is telling her to leave.  Zoya's character had enough misery in her life without Shariq adding to it.  This show is becoming unbearable to watch, simply due to stupidity.  Up until now, this was a must-watch for me, because the main characters were logical.  Now, the show has become a senseless two-wives drama.  Boring.

Alright, that's all for now!  I will start working on my next post and will try to write more frequently!  Happy watching!

6 comments:

  1. As usual, I agree with your summary. I have to add that I am enjoying Hina Bayat's acting in Dil Banjara, too.
    As for Intezaar- I marathoned the first 17 episodes and while I was watching, my daughter got interested and started watching the show as well, but I'm so disappointed that it's become the typical two wives issue and become fairly boring recently.
    Are you watching Saya-e-deewar? I find that pretty interesting and it's one of the few that I look forward to, along with Bin Roye, Sang-e-marmar and Besharam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for always reading! Yes, I'm watching all of the above! I just haven't gotten around to writing about them yet. While I'm LOVING the new track in Sang E Mar Mar, I'm hating the recent turn of events on Saaya E Deewar.

      As for Besharam, the last episode aired today and I haven't had a chance to watch it just yet! I do love it though!

      Delete
  2. Btw, incase you're not watching, I would suggest Faltu Ladki. I saw the first episode and I'm really enjoying some of the characters.

    ReplyDelete