Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Aahista Aahista - Random Thoughts on Episode 3



Episode 3 was great and with that, this show has picked up tremendously!

We now see Zawaar and Hayaa married and, while Zawaar does his best to not give Hayaa importance, he begins to see that she's a good wife.  It SEEMS as though he really enjoys her company.  When the episode ended, we saw that Zawaar left Pakistan and has now landed back in California, back to his (first) wife's waiting arms.

Sarwat is terrible as Soffee (why this weird spelling?).  Also, the character is the most annoying, NEEDIEST wife ever.  I'm a woman.  If I were married to a girl who couldn't stand being apart from me for one month, I'd ditch her.  What on earth?  The man is visiting his family.  Given, he's been up to no good and has gotten himself a 2nd wife - but SHE doesn't know that.  Sarwat's character is absolutely ridiculous and just for that reason, I'm anticipating him leaving her.  Haha.

Mawra is doing a great job as Hayaa.  She's lovable, adorable, relatable and a character you want to root for.  =)

Adnan Siddiqui is too old for roles like these now.  He's no longer "main hero" material.  So it does make it awkward to watch at times.  That being said, he's still doing a good job here.  Zawaar's discomfort is presented perfectly by Adnan's expressions.  Zawaar isn't a bad guy leading on two women.  He's just a man who wants to make his mother happy and is being eaten inside by guilt.  It does make for good story.

I'm really enjoying this drama so far.  It's definitely awkward to see Saba Hameed playing "mother" to Behroz Sabzwari and Hina Bayat, no doubt.  But everyone is doing a great job with their roles.

We can only hope this story doesn't take the stereotypical route.

Happy watching!

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog! I noticed you didnt write up a review for the drama Rishtey Kuch Adhoore Se. Please share a review for that drama. I'd love to share thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for reading! =) I actually gave up on Rishtey Kuch Adhoore Se very early on and only heard updates throughout the show from my cousin. Unfortunately, the show was too "Star Plus" for my tastes and I wasn't able to stomach the storyline at all. I do love Sohai Ali Abro though. =)

      Delete
  2. Yes, i have to say it was an unusual drama. Disagreed with it on so many levels. Keep up the good work with this blog!

    ReplyDelete