Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Khuda Aur Mohabbat - Thoughts on the New Season


The first episode has aired and I wanted to jot some ideas down right away, without this being too lengthy - because the more thought I put into it, the less likely that it'll ever get published! Haha.

As of the first episode, we see Imran Abbas' character as a spoiled rich kid "studying" in the US, spending his time messing around.  What angle his role will play, I'm sure we already know and expect, but it will be interesting to see it play out.

  

In Pakistan, we see Sadia Khan's character, once again the daughter of a Maulana Sahab, playing the dutiful, loving, obedient and religious daughter to Firdous Jamal's character.  It'll be nice to see how these two characters meet and their lives intertwine.

They've retained a large portion of the original cast, which is both great and strange, because you're overcome with that feeling of deja vu (which I suppose you should be feeling).  HOWEVER, this time around, the show is already shining brighter than the original in the sense that these characters are much better written.


I'm also enjoying that Firdous Jamal has been cast as the Maulana this time around instead of Salman Shahid (also an incredible actor).  It's bringing a more loving, relatable, kind image to the Maulana Sahab - one that was greatly missing in the first season.

Imran Abbas has really grown as an actor in my eyes since the first KAM, so I'm expecting better things this time around.  He's now a very good actor.  I've always found Sadia Khan to be rather hopeless as an actress and I don't believe she's shown any growth in her latest dramas, so let's hope she's restricted to being the pretty face this time around again.

Alright, those are my short thoughts on the drama after episode one!  I'll be watching this one closely.  Happy watching!

7 comments:

  1. So I never watched the first season. Based on what I do know about the show, I'm confused as to why there is a season two. If I want to watch this one, do you recommend I start from season one or should I just watch season two?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not necessary at all. Khuda Aur Mohabbat was such a huge success and people have such great memories of it in their heads that they pestered and pestered for a season 2. So here it is - a lot of the same cast, a new storyline that's more or less the SAME story with different circumstances - but I already feel like this will play out in a more endearing way.

      My biggest complaint from the first one was that KAM was shot back in Imran Abbas' "more wooden than a wooden spoon" acting days and Sadia Khan has always been wooden. Add to that, Salman Shahid's very RIGID character of a Maulana Sahar......it was a very beautiful story, but the lead pair was very trying for me personally.

      So I guess my answer is NO. Enjoy season two with an incredible now-a-good-actor Imran Abbas, a kinder Maulana Sahab and the same, beautiful OST! <3

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete