Friday, August 22, 2014

Mohabbat Ab Nahi Hogi - Episodes 1-5 Overview


Looking at the cast, I had zero expectations for this drama.  To be honest, I didn't even give it a second glance initially, especially looking at Syed Jibran Ali and Ali Rehman Khan as the two male leads, as I am not a big fan of Syed Jibran Ali at all and almost hold a grudge against Ali Rehman Khan after "Rishtey Kuch Adhoore Se."

However, while watching one of my many dramas on TV one day, I saw a promo for the 4th episode of the show - and was not only intrigued by the promo, but was also excited seeing Armeena Rana Khan.  While she may not be the best actress, I developed a fondness for her during the course of Shab-E-Arzoo Ka Aalam; plus, the girl is incredibly striking.  So of course, I instantly put it on my list of shows to catch up on.

I spent the day today catching up on the five aired episodes.  Was it worthwhile?

Surprisingly, the answer is yes.  Mohabbat Ab Nahi Hogi projects what can happen when polar opposites are brought together in a marriage and one of the pair is incredibly immature - misunderstandings.

Fiza (Armeena Rana Khan) is thrown into an arranged marriage with Ahmer (Jibran).  While Jibran is a serious, silent yet nice type, Fiza is childish and could be described as silly.  While initially, the pair seem to be getting along rather well in a case of opposites attract, things begin to go haywire.  Jibran's leave ends and he has to go back to Dubai for work, leaving his new bride of one week at home with his family.  It is during this time that she begins to cause trouble for his family at home, the fuel to the fire being provided by Ahmer's older sister (ZQ).  And then of course, we also have Fiza's harmless flirtation with Ahmer's brother, Azhar (Ali Rehman Khan), which is slowly being looked upon with suspicion by family members.



It's interesting to see a once lively, friendly, innocent girl slowly evolving into a trouble-making vamp type right before our eyes in the most natural way.  She isn't purposely trying to cause trouble, but her childish behavior, lack of understanding and tantrums are causing her to ruin her own image and reputation in her sasural.

It'll be interesting to see where this drama is heading.  I know it's based on a novel, but as usual, I haven't read it, so I'm definitely going in blind.  The story and the performances are making this one show that I look forward to though!

Happy watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment