Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Koi Nai Apna - Finally Getting Interesting



So as promised, I'm catching up on the shows that I've been slacking off on!

When Koi Nai Apna began, I slugged through the first 8-9 episodes.  Uninteresting storyline with very little chemistry between the lead pair.  Separately, I love Fahad Mustafa and like Sarwat Gillani, but together, the chemistry was just not there (in my opinion).  The forced dialogues of "Yaaaar, kya kar rahe ho?"  "Yaaaar, main tumse pyar karta hoon yaaaar," and even Hamza's (Fahad) mother's "Meri elaichi kahan hai?" were incredibly repetitive and very grating on the nerves.  I resigned myself to the idea of giving up this show entirely.

And then episode 10-12 happened.  I did a mass catch-up on these 3 episodes and found myself falling prey to being interested once again.

The storyline at present really resembles "Akele Hum Akele Tum" (Bollywood) and "Kramer Vs. Kramer" (Hollywood).  At least this is the feeling I'm getting and I do feel that we will see a courtroom battle over Shiza's custody soon enough in the future of the show.  Surprisingly, I'm enjoying the turn of events and especially am enjoying Fahad Mustafa's performance.  His ego and his anger towards Alvira are understandable and the character is really well-written.  It helps that his character was never ill-intentioned and worked hard to support his family, which ended up being his downfall in the eyes of Alvira.  While I'm not enjoying Sarwat Gillani's performance at all in this drama OR Sajid Hassan's performance as Alvira's father, Fahad Mustafa, Maheen Khalid and Salma Hassan are doing a commendable job of keeping the show interesting on the other "poor" spectrum.

I also have to say that I just love the little actress Maryam and she's fast become my favorite child artist after Meri Beti, Bashar Momin and now Koi Nahin Apna.

As of right now, I would recommend this one!  Happy watching!

2 comments:

  1. Do a review for maat !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I have seen Maat so many times and so long ago that it would be very hard to write a clear, concise review at this time. However, I'll definitely do it at your request! =) Just give me a little time. Haha. Thanks for reading!

      Delete