Thursday, December 12, 2013

Mera Raqeeb - Episode 1

There was so much I wanted to say about this episode after watching it - but unfortunately, I've since then forgotten what it was I wanted to say!

So instead, I'm just going to make some half-baked comments about my overall thoughts on the show.


When will Sajal Ali stop playing these "main bechaari, seedhi saadhi" roles?  Seen it in Mastana Mahi, seen it in Aasmanon Pe Likha, seen it in Meri Laadli, seen it in Gohar E Nayyab......what's up?  Her few different roles, such as in Mere Qatil Mere Dildar, do not make up for the overhaul in "naive" roles.  She is talented, but she's wasting herself on these roles.  It's pretty frustrating.  

Also, I have to mention that her reaction to her husband's accident was by far the dumbest thing I've ever seen.  "Woh nahin ho sakte, woh is shaher mein nahin hai."  UH.  They called you.  They said his name.  They said he's been in an accident.  FIGURE IT OUT.  This was not the best start to a show.


Who knew Faisal Rehman and Juggan Kazim would look so good together?  Not only do they look nice, they also seem to have great chemistry.  I'm also, so far, impressed with Juggan's character.  She's a very happy, bouncy type, which suits her real life image much more, but she rarely gets to do this in dramas.  so far, so good.


Dear Affan - if you play another negative, irritating role, I will personally slap you.  I love you, but I never want to see you in a role like in Maseeha EVER again.  Please don't do it.  I don't know why I'm getting a sinking feeling about this character....but I am.  In this episode, we didn't see much of Affan in motion - he was mostly restricted to a hospital bed, unconscious.  So any other thoughts to be announced...

Overall, I think the storyline is interesting....but for how long, I wonder?  Does this storyline have enough material for 20 + episodes?  I'm not sure.  Let's wait and see!  Happy watching!

2 comments: